September 2019 – August 2021
At Emerson College, Forest Row, UK
The training essentially reflects our approach and philosophy of teaching clowning. It provides a practical and experiential grounding in the facilitation process.
Length of course
It is a two-year course (from September 2019 to August 2021). Each year consists of three 4-day residential modules (Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon) or six modules over two years. Online supervisions are also planned between each module (to be decided by the group).
A further supervision period of two weekends per year 2021 to 2023 is also offered for those who wish to deepen their practice of the work.
Each module addresses a different aspect of facilitation and clowning.
· warm-up and its function,
· the structures of impros and how to read them,
· guiding impros, feedback
· group process and the facilitator’s role in the group,
· the clown archetype and its meaning.
You will need to have done Clown 1, Clown 2 and Clown 3 as a minimum (preferably the full two-year clown training). Some experience of working with groups and a commitment to your own personal development is necessary.
Please email email@example.com with:
- a brief biography
- your clowning experience
- your experience of teaching or working with groups
- your reasons for wanting to do this training
- how you plan to use this training
Application deadline – 30 April 2019
- 26 September 2019 – 29 September 2019
- 23 January – 26 January 2020
- 28 May 2020 – 31 May 2020
- 1 October 2020 – 4 October 2020
- 4 March 2021 – 7 March 2021
- 26 August 2021 – 29 August 2021
£2700 for the two-years (tuition fee) includes online supervisions and a 2-year supervision of 2 weekends a year from 2021 – 2023. Payments can be made in instalments (details will be sent when you apply for the course).
NOTE – Accommodation and meals are not included.
Accommodation and meals:
Prices are per 4 day module.
Single room and all meals: £207.50
Camping/ Camper van and all meals: £132.50
Just all the meals : £62.50